Thursday, January 7, 2010

Barking Up the Wrong Tree


OK so I was wrong!! Yeah those words tasted bitter but I have to admit that the DANA 400 is not working for me.. and I am stopping as of today!

So.. for all of you that have "stepped up" and exceeded even my expectations.. I thank you all for your support in accepting and following my challenge.

I've learned that in my present condition(state), it is best for me to do heavy weight training and not "conditioning" training. I physically do not have the recovery capacity to continue with benefit as I am continuing to drop additional weight and am currently around 150 lbs...

The conditioning from the DANA 400 is ideal for most that want to enhance their physical conditioning and is an excellent "test" of your capacities.. however, I have found that I do not currently have the nutritional support nor adequate rest for myself to reap the rewards for my efforts.

I had felt that while undergoing chemo, the challenge would have been an excellent way for myself to maintain a minimal amount of conditioning, however I have learned that as the challenge continued, I was actually accelerating my physical decline.

So I am going back to what I do best.. lift heavy, lift light, vary my routine, play basketball... maybe join Tokyo Joe's next door and have fun!

So for all of you that have stepped up and accepted the challenge(and there were many!), GREAT JOB!! You all are truly amazing and I thank you for your support in following my obsessions..

You are off the hook.. the pressure is off.. and you can return to your normal activities and hopefully you have all learned more about yourselves as I have of myself..

I do believe though, that many of you can still benefit from a modified plan.. pick one or two of your weakest exercises and perform them often at home while convenient to do so.. and enjoy the rewards..

1 comment: